When considering the home construction process in Phoenix, Arizona, there is a good chance that you will need a masonry contractor. However, how does one choose what Phoenix, Arizona masonry contractor can best suit their needs? There are many to choose from and each of them has their own personalities and approaches to approaching and accomplishing a project.
As you consider a masonry contractor, there a several factors to keep in mind. These factors range from the scope of their work to basic business questions.
Questions to Ask the Potential Phoenix, Arizona Masonry Contractor
- Do you have any certifications? Masonry contractors who are members of the MCAA (Masonry Contractors Association of America) are held to higher standards.
- Do you have any specialties that would lend themselves to my particular project? Some masonry contractors are known for stamped or stained concrete, others are known for unique design features, while other Plano masonry contractors are known for architectural elements such as outdoor fireplaces or custom kitchens.
- What are your favorite products to work with? Be it natural stone, concrete only, brick, stucco – every masonry contractor will have a medium they most enjoy using.
- Can you lay patterns? If you want a specific floor or exterior design incorporated, then you need to know in advance, if a particular contractor has the skills needed to complete the job.
- How long do you think it will take you to complete the work? If you need the project done by a specific date, then be sure you convey this, during the interview, to any Phoenix masonry contractor with whom you meet.
- Who will clean up after the project is complete? If the masonry contractor does not clean the job site after the work is completed, find another contractor or ask for a significant discount on the job.
- What about references? Be sure to ask for, and then follow up with, the references given. Ask the people reference for the pros and cons of the masonry contractor’s work. You will also want to check out the gallery page of their website, to be sure you like their style.
- How long have you been in business? As with most jobs, the more experience they have, the better. Ideally, a contractor with at least 10 years is preferred as they are more likely to have developed more skills and are better equipped to make your dream a reality.
- What about licensing and insurance? Don’t hire a contractor who does not have these items. It is especially important that they have insurance, as you do not want to be held liable should they be injured on the job.
- Do you understand the contract? Before committing to a particular masonry contractor,take the time to thoroughly read the contract and ask about any aspects that you do not understand.
Hiring a masonry contractor in Phoenix, Arizona can be an exciting time. You will be able to share your ideas for the perfect project, perhaps glean a new perspective to how the project could be done, and, in time, get to see your plan for a new space or look take shape.
Give Phoenix Contracting Services, Inc. a call today, (602) 564-1144 or, use our Schedule Estimate located towards the top right of the page in BLUE or click SCHEDULE ESTIMATE – For emergency services, please call us at (602) 564-1144